Can I sue my employer for my work injury in Pennsylvania?

Kathleen J. Hayne Robertson - workers-compensation - Super Lawyers

About Kathleen J. Hayne Robertson

Dallas W. Hartman, P.C.
201 Green Ridge Rd
New Castle, PA
Phone: 724-652-4081
Fax: 724-652-8380

View Profile

Super Lawyers Selections

Selected To Rising Stars: 2011, 2013 - 2016

Video Transcript 

[Beginning of Can I Sue My Employer audio]

[GRAPHIC: Ask Super Lawyers, Can I sue my employer for my work injury in Pennsylvania? Attorney Kathleen Robertson responds.]

Kathleen Robertson: In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, an injured worker is not able to maintain a direct lawsuit against their employer for negligence. Their sole remedies lie, most often, within the confines of the workers' compensation system. They're entitled to indemnity benefits or wage loss benefits as well as medical benefits. The indemnity benefits or wage loss benefits, as we often refer to them, are essentially two thirds of their pre-injury earnings. In addition to the indemnity, or wage loss benefit and medical benefits, they may also be entitled to specific loss benefits for the loss of a body part or loss of use of a body part as well as disfigurement for any scarring or other disfigurement to the head, face, or neck.

[GRAPHIC: Ask Super Lawyers, Kathleen Robertson, Dallas W. Hartman, P.C., Pennsylvania, 800-777-4081,]

[End of Can I Sue My Employer audio]


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.72264504432678 sec