Can I Move When I'm Going Through A Divorce?

Leigh Vance de la Reza - family-law - Super Lawyers

About Leigh Vance de la Reza

Noelke Maples St. Leger Bryant, LLP
901 S Mopac Expressway , Barton Oaks Plaza II, Suite 200
Austin, TX
Phone: 5123010274
Fax: 512-480-0074

View Profile

Super Lawyers Selections

Selected To Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2019
Selected To Rising Stars: 2015

Video Transcript 

-Most judges in Texas are going to include a residency restriction if one of the parties ask for it, and both parents are living in the same area. Because the public policy in Texas is to have frequent and continuing contact with their children. Texas courts value both parents being able to see their children and to have day to day interactions with their children. And if one parent is allowed to move a great distance, it might make that frequent and continuing contact very difficult.

If you want to modify your residency restriction, you need to hire an attorney who is board certified and understands the difficulties and the complexities of residency restrictions within their area. Residency restrictions are not easy things to change. And you need somebody who is very experienced and knowledgeable in the area. We are Vaught Law Firm. We understand. We can help.


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.78287816047668 sec